About notification

Topics: User Forum
Jan 10, 2007 at 3:22 PM
How to known when contact item (not properties) has been changed from Windows contacts ?

When I create or modify a contact from my application, Windows contacts display new or modified contact without to force refresh.

How to implemente this feature in my application?

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2007 at 7:44 PM
It's not in the 0 Beta, but in the current code snapshot you can add an event handler to ContactManager.CollectionChanged. The event gets raised whenever the collection changes. It will give you the old and new ContactIds.

The addressbook application is currenntly using it if you want an example, but it's ignoring the nature of the change and just using it as a signal to reparse the collection.
Jan 11, 2007 at 7:51 AM
I have found how to implement notification and that works very well.

Many thanks

Jean-Pierre

I think, to help any developper, add some samples in source code page.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll update the sample code wiki page soon with more examples, including the areas that you've asked about. I've also been writing documentation in the code so I can use Sandcastle to generate MSDN style API documentation. But all this is done outside of my day job, so sometimes it's a bit more slow going than other times :)

I'm glad the library is working for you. If you have any more issues with it please let me know.

Jan 12, 2007 at 7:51 AM
Yes, for me, the component works very well.

Some times, it's difficult to understand some properties or methods, but, after many hours of "brain storming", I can resolve major of them.

I have created a component (dll) loaded dynamically to manage Vista contacts from my application with your contacts.dll component.

Please, excuse my english, I speak very bad.

JP
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2007 at 2:35 AM
Your english is much better than my french :)

I'll publish what documentation I have soon. If you find at any point that not having the documentation for a specific area is blocking you, please notify me and I'll update the docs or sample code page as soon as possible.